Planning and supervision of restoration and restitution of Anatomic Theatre’s facade in Berlin
The early classicist building of the veterinarian school is one of the most important historic buildings in Berlin. Built as part of the veterinarian school in 1790, the building features an imposing character for the architecture of its time. The architectural aspiration was in connection with the royal city beautification programme and because of the general rise in the importance of veterinary medicine at the time.
The entire facility at its construction in 1790 included a two-storey teaching building belonging to the anatomic theatre with one large auditorium, a chemists with laboratory and apartments for teaching staff, officials as well as for 50 young actors. There were also three stables and a forge.Services
Restoration and conservation assessment of the historic facade structure of the Anatomic Theatre of Carl Gotthard Langhans and development of the restoration concept (1999-2000).
Planning and supervising of the restoration restitution work on the facades (2008-2010), commissioned by the Berlin Monument Authority in cooperation with the Thomas Müller Ivan Reimann Architects in Berlin.
1999 – 2010